Privacy — Your Privacy Is Important To Us
These policies describe our data handling practices. Please take a moment to review how we use and protect your personal information.
What Personal Information About Users Do We Collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to personalize and improve our service. We collect the following types of information from our users:
Information You Provide to Us:
We may receive, store, and use any information you enter or provide to us through your use of our Site or Services in any other way. For example, in order for you to use our Services, you may need to access, authorize, or interact with the application or complete a registration form, which may collect your name, email address, mail delivery address, phone number, and/or payment-related information. If you do not wish to send or receive gifts, you can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. The personal information you provide may be used for such purposes as fulfilling your orders, responding to your requests for certain services, communicating with you about promotions or other services offered by our partners or affiliates, and customizing the advertising and content you see.
We may receive, store, and use certain types of information whenever you interact with us, including personal information or other details provided by our partners or affiliates, and this information may be required in order for you to use our Site or Service. We may automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on our server logs from your browser including your IP address and the page you requested. We use this traffic data to help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, and administer the Site and Services.
Generally, our service may automatically collect usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Site and Services. This data is typically used in the aggregate, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of collective data enables us to determine how often users use parts of our Site or Services, so we can make RealGifts appealing to as many users as possible. In addition, we may provide statistical information, not information about you personally, to our partners about how our users, collectively, use RealGifts. We may share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use certain areas of our Site and Services, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal user experience.
We may receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from us if your computer supports this type of program, in order to help us make e-mails more interesting and helpful. We may also send out emails with news or promotions. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please notify us by e-mail at and include sufficient information for us to identify your account.
Will We Share Any of the Information We Receive?
We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only with your consent or to our business partners and affiliates as described below:
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control:
We are affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them in order to provide our services to users. We will only share personal information that is necessary for the affiliate to provide such services, which in the case of gift deliveries, is usually the recipient's delivery address, email, or phone number. We generally require our affiliates to provide the same level of privacy protection that we do and they generally do not share or use personal information for any purpose other than for providing the services and communications with the recipient.
Our personnel (including, for the avoidance of doubt, consultants and/or contractors) may have access to user information while carrying out their duties in the normal course of our company business, and are subject to our privacy and security practices.
We may employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and may need to share your information with them to provide services to you, and are subject to our privacy and security practices.
We may send offers to certain users on behalf of other businesses, and these offers are usually related to something we think you will enjoy based on your previous interactions or user information received. However, when we do so, we generally provide as little information as possible for the other business to provide their offer. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please notify us by e-mail at
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if our company, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
Protection of RealGifts and Others:
Is Information About Me Secure?
- Your account information is protected by a password or encryption key for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password or encryption key and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software to protect the security of your personal information during transmission, which encrypts all password and payment-related information you input.
- Credit card information is stored securely by an industry-leading credit card payment processor.
- Only our employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
What Information Can I Access?
Where available, you can access your personal information on our Site and correct, amend, or delete information that is inaccurate within the corresponding settings section.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, or not access, authorize, or interact with our Site or Services, but then you may be unable to use certain features of our Site and Services.
- When available, you are able to add or update certain information on our Site, such as those listed in the "What Personal Information About Users Do We Collect?" section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- In certain instances, you may disable your RealGifts account by removing the application from your profile, or by discontinuing your use of the Site or Services. If you have any problems, please email . Please note that some information may remain in our records after disabling your account.
Who Can Use Our Services?
Conditions of Use
Third Party Websites
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the privacy of our services, please send a detailed message to . Your privacy is important to us and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns.